In one of the links, it mentions instead of setting goals with per-determined, rigid outcomes (lose 10 pounds! Run 10 miles everyday! eat only carrots!) a gentler way to be with yourself is to see your actions as choices.
You could argue - tomAYto, tomAHto...having no goals is a goal in of itself. The key difference for me is mindset. Choices do not have an expiration date. They don't specify outcomes by deadlines as goals do in my mind. Choice removes of the idea of 'consequences' and 'failure' and 'disappointment'. For me it seems...nicer. More gentle, more forgiving. More loving. More of the things I want for myself.
|
Here are the things I am choosing today. I completely give myself permission to change any and all tomorrow, next week, next hour, whatever. But right now, in this moment, I choose to:
Have no goals, no expectations, no requirements, no mandate
Live within my means - mentally, physically, emotionally, financially
Go 20 days without using my credit card
Sit content in the fact that the clothes I own are enough
Establish habits I enjoy
Simplify
Live out my personal ethics
Practice Self Care
No comments:
Post a Comment