This quiet moment in the middle-ish of the show is what has stuck with me. I think it's a combination of the quiet softness of the music and Kate's flow with the juxtaposition of the sharp - but not hard hitting - staccato movements. I love the choreographer Justine Giles musicality choices.And the camera angles were great - I didn't feel like I missed anything as sometimes happens.
And so...I've had Ben Howard's song stuck in my head ever since...
It's been on a loop for me for days. The building of the beginning up to the driving chorus, all done in a soft, almost ethereal way. And then it gently lets you go. I feel like Ben Howard's voice freezes time. This songs underlying vibration fills my chest - it inspires movement initiated from the heart.
Justine Giles, Kate and Neptune perfectly captured and executed what I feel in the music. It felt like we were getting a peek into their lives, their emotions, their journey. It's what I interpret as where I am in life right now. I am in a quieter place. And I am with someone who feels like a life partner - supportive, loving, respectful and stable. And yet, there's a constant goodbye going on with us where he takes a part of my heart with him when he goes. (I am absolutely fine with this, I like my alone time. I just miss him when he's gone which I think means I really like him :).
Maybe it also hits home because I too am in an interracial relationship ;p
No comments:
Post a Comment